Are you looking for a pair of new headphones? The good news is that the headphone market has become truly diversified. The bad news is that the headphone market has become truly diversified. You literally have dozens of options to choose among but which model is the best one?
The Bose SoundLink Wireless Headphones II have been getting a lot of attention lately. The following review will acquaint you with the product, take a deeper look at its technical specifications and help you decide whether to give Bose audio equipment a try.
According to the manufacturer’s website, these headphones give you the freedom that comes with wireless technology and spectacular quality of the sound.
Bose SoundLink Around-Ear Wireless Headphones II< feature a combination of the company’s TriPort technology and ActiveEQ. Both of these have an impact on the sound, making it crystal clear.
On top of delivering excellent sound, SoundLink II headphones are very comfortable to wear, which is essential if you use the equipment throughout the day (in the office, for example). The set’s weight is slightly over seven ounces, which increases the comfort of the wearer even further.
The Biggest Advantages
Bose is a company known for the quality of its audio equipment. SoundLink Wireless Headphones II is a product that doesn’t make an exception. The headphones come with a range of innovative characteristics that even the pickiest of buyers will enjoy:
- Multiple uses: the set can be used to listen to music or audiobooks. It also does an excellent job in terms of carrying out calls. The set comes with an microphone system that features the HD voice technology.
- Connectivity: the Bluetooth connectivity feature is also outstanding. The headphones can be connected seamlessly to just about every mobile device. In addition, you can switch between devices that you’re connected to (for example, when listening to music and when answering a call).
- Good battery life: these headphones come with a battery life of approximately 15 hours, which is very decent for Bluetooth sets.
- Flexibility: if you prefer passive, wired listening, you’ll get a cable in the set. This way, you can easily link SoundLink II to just about any computer. When it comes to accessories, Bose doesn’t disappoint. You will get a very nice carrying case, if you like to take the headphones everywhere that you travel.
A Few Shortcomings
The price of the set is the first shortcoming and one of the problems that people have with the SoundLink Wireless Headphones II. If you’re prepared to spend more on your set, you aren’t going to be particularly traumatized by the number.
There are a few additional shortcomings worth mentioning:
- The bass: people that prefer a bass-heavy music experience haven’t been particularly satisfied with the sound of these headphones.
- No remote control on cable: the quality of the sound when you opt for passive listening is good enough. There’s one quite basic problem, however – the cable doesn’t feature a remote control. You’ll have to adjust the settings from your computer.
- No noise canceling: if you’re looking for an opportunity to completely isolate yourself from the outside world, these headphones aren’t the right ones for you.
The Bose SoundLink Around-Ear Wireless Headphones II are good-looking, durable and versatile. The quality of the audio is excellent (if you’re not an audio purist). On top of enjoying the wireless technology, you’ll also get a passive listening option – this set has nearly every essential feature that’s required of excellent headphones.